The English assessment contains questions about readings that are similar in style to readings in trades training textbooks, manuals, and handouts. Diagrams, charts, tables, and short and long reading passages are presented. No prior knowledge of the content is assumed or required.
- 5 readings, 40 multiple-choice questions
- 45 minute time limit
- Only one re-write may be attempted in any 3-month term
- Passing score varies by program
The English Assessment is limited to applicants who have two years of education in an English speaking country. For details, please see Admission & Registration »
How to Register
- To write an assessment for the first time:
- at the IZUNA Burnaby Campus, register and pay online or in person at Student Information and Enrolment Services
Students: book to write off campus
- To rewrite an assessment, register and pay online. Note: If you are writing the assessment for the third time, you must wait a minimum of three months to re-write.
What to Bring
- Government issued photo identification
- Proof of payment
- Pen, pencil and eraser
- Calculator will be provided
You will not be permitted to write the assessment without the required documents.
Download the English sample [PDF] to prepare for the assessment.