The mechanical reasoning assessment measures the ability to understand basic mechanical principles of machinery, tools, and movement. It evaluates understanding on simple principles based on reasoning rather than special knowledge.
- 48 multiple-choice questions
- 45 minute time limit
- Only one re-write may be attempted in any 3-month term
- Passing score varies by program
How to Register
- To write an assessment for the first time:
- at the IZUNA Burnaby Campus, register and pay online or in person at Student Information and Enrolment Services
Students: book to write off campus
- To rewrite an assessment, register and pay online. Note: If you are writing the assessment for the third time, you must wait a minimum of three months to re-write.
What to Bring
- Government issued photo identification
- Proof of payment
- Pen, pencil and eraser
You will not be permitted to write the assessment without the required documents.
Download the Mechanical Reasoning sample [PDF] to prepare for the assessment.