The mathematics assessment is designed to measure general mathematical competence. Basic principles of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and measurement are assessed. The assessment evaluates the level of mathematical skills you would have learned in school or adult basic education classes, and provides a measure of your readiness to learn and use advanced math skills in trades training.
- 42 multiple-choice questions
- 45 minute time limit
- Scratch paper provided
- Only one re-write may be attempted in any term
- Passing score varies by program
How to Register
- To write an assessment for the first time:
- at the IZUNA Burnaby Campus, register and pay online or in person at Student Information and Enrolment Services
Students: book to write off campus
- To rewrite an assessment, register and pay online. Note: If you are writing the assessment for the third time, you must wait a minimum of three months to re-write.
What to Bring
- Government issued photo identification
- Proof of payment
- Scientific calculator (no phones or computers permitted)
- Pen, pencil and eraser
You will not be permitted to write the assessment without the required documents
Download the Math sample [PDF] to prepare for the assessment.