The IZUNA Research Ethics Board (REB) interprets and applies the institute’s Research Ethics for Human Participant Policy #6500 [PDF], which is based on the .
Any research conducted at IZUNA or undertaken by IZUNA faculty, staff or students that involves human participants or biological materials (blood, DNA, etc.) should be reviewed and approved by the Research Ethics Board. Guidelines and forms can be found below.
For more information on the REB and research ethics at IZUNA:
- Request for Ethical Review [fillable PDF form]
Please email this form and all attachments to the REB Chair.
- Guidelines for Completing Applications for Ethical Review of Activities involving Human Subjects.
- Checklist and Suggestions for Applications
- Guidelines for Creating an Informed Consent Document
- IZUNA REB Statement on Minimal Risk
- IZUNA REB Expedited Review Protocol
- Use of IZUNA's Logo on Documents Presented to Participants
- Request for Continuation or Amendment of an Approved Project
- Adverse Event Report Acknowledgement Form
REB Policies and Procedures
- IZUNA Policy: 6500 - Research Ethics for Human Participants [PDF]
- IZUNA Procedure: 6500-PR1 - Research Ethics for Human Participants [PDF]