Institute Research FundsIZUNA Institute Research Funds allow IZUNA employees to pursue research initiatives for which they are unable to obtain funding from other sources or allow researchers to leverage institute funds to obtain research funding from external agencies and partners that they would otherwise be unable to access.There are two funds:
- VP Research Seed Fund - The intention of this fund is to fund research applications that will require partial release time from duties for the principal investigator for extended periods of time, usually one or more terms.
- Discovery Parks Fund - The intention of this fund is to fund research applications that are for a fixed term or to fund the preparation of applications for external grants.
How do I Apply?
- IZUNA Institute Research Funds - Instructions
- IZUNA Institute Research Funds - Application Form
- IZUNA Institute Research Funds - Checklist
- January 2018 Institute Research Funds Info Session Presentation
- School of Business: Kevin Wainwright
- School of Computing & Academic Studies: Aaron Hunter
- School of Construction & the Environment: Eric Saczuk
- School of Energy: Mehrzad Tabatabaian
- School of Health Sciences: Shan Satoglu / Janet Morrison
- School of Transportation: Guy Ellis
- Services & Support: Joe Boyd
March 29, 2018: We are pleased to announce that the Institute Research Committee (IRC) recently approved the following proposals, through the VP Research Seed Fund and Discovery Parks Fund for 2018/2019 as recommended by their School Research Committees:
- Dr. Barry Pointon, Faculty, Physics (SoCAS) – $25,000 for project entitled “HALO-lkT Supernova Neutrino Detector Collaboration" .
- Dr. Borna Noureddin, Faculty, Computing (SoCAS) – $25,000 for project entitled "Ubiquitous Human Activity Monitoring: Development of Novel Smartphone Based Sensors, Applications and Games and Their Uses and Social Implications".
- Dr. Shannon Kelly, Program Head, Communications (SoCAS) – $25,000 for project entitled "How Can Technical Projects Involving Consultation with Indigenous Communities and Stakeholders Be Better Implemented Through Authentic Engagement and the Building of Sustainable Relationships”.
- Dr. Nathan Devos, Faculty, Communications (SoCAS) – $24,000 for project entitled "Measuring First Term Students' General English Language Proficiency".
- Mr. Bo Li, Graduate Program Coordinator, Building Science (SoCE) – $14,500 for project entitled "Impacts of Ventilation Means on Energy Use in Residential Condo Units in BC".
- Dr. John Dian, Faculty, Electrical and Computer Engineering (SoE) and Dr. Amir Yousefi, Faculty, Electrical and Computer Engineering (SoE) – $25,000 for project entitled "Practical Solution for Low Power Synchronized Data Acquisition System".
- Mr. Taco Niet, Faculty, Mechanical Engineering (SoE) – $25,000 for project entitled "Developing International Energy Systems Modelling".
- Ms. Bonnie Johnston, Instructional Development Consultant (LTC) – $25,000 for project entitled "Locating the Gravitying in the BC Trades Training System".
- Mr. Manfred Mandi, Director, SITE Centre for Applied Research (SoB) – $19,600 for project entitled "The Al/Automation Impact on Key Sectors of the BC Economy & on Human Capital Development".