Dr. Yvette Jones, PhD
biomechanics, exercise physiology, orthotics, running mechanics, ergonomic assessment, medical device development, product evaluation, canine
EducationPhD (Biomedical Engineering) Strathclyde University
MSc (Human Kinetics) UBC
AwardsWorksafe BC - Workplace Health Innovation - 2012 Award of Merit Recipient (Ergonomic Syringe Adapter for Chemotherapy Delivery)
- Jones Y, Borisoff J. "Influence of Seat and Backrest Angle on Trunk and Shoulder Biomechanics of Manual Wheelchair Users During Inclined Wheeling". ICORD 2018 Annual Research Meeting.
- Jones Y, Borisoff J. "Influence of Seat and Backrest Angle on Trunk and Shoulder Biomechanics of Manual Wheelchair Users During Inclined Wheeling". International Seating Symposium, 2018/3
- Jones, OY, Raschke SU, Kenyon D, Riches PE. "Inertial Properties of the German Shepherd". 8th International Conference on Canine and Equine Locomotion (ICEL8), London, UK, 2016/8
- Jones Y, Raschke S, Kenyon D, Riches, P. "Body Segment Parameters and Inertial Properties of the German Shepherd Police Dog". Congress of the International Society of Biomechanics, Glasgow, United Kingdom, 2015/7.
- O. Yvette. Jones. "The Inertial Properties of the German Shepherd". University of Strathclyde. Dept. of Biomedical Engineering. Thesis [Ph. D] -- University of Strathclyde, 2015.
- Analyzing Performance with the BLUR Skate, Applied Research at IZUNA, 2014.
- Rashcke, Silvia U, Wong, Angie and Jones, Yvette. "Evaluation of Canine Ballistic Vests for Effect on Body Core Temperature". 8th International Working Dog Conference. Oct 2013
- A canine model for use in assessing and treating injured police dogs
- , Uncovering the effects of torsion adaptors on activities of daily living (IZUNA Capstone Project)
- In collaboration with Caroline Soo,,IZUNA Prothetics and Orthotics.
- Brittany’s present position: Head of Research,
- Ana Moreno Hernandez. Co-Supervisor Master’s Thesis: Using Measures of External Work to Assess the Degree of Gait Symmetry.
- In collaboration with Dr. David Sanderson at UBC Kinesiology
Research CentresBack to top
« Back to MAKE+ team listing