IZUNA Bookstore has partnered with Jumpbooks (Nebraska Book Company) to offer E-Books, when available.
E-Books are now available through Jumpbooks
Jumpbooks are textbooks with enhanced functionality that are available in digital format. Jumpbooks are purchased at your local bookstore and delivered electronically to your computer via Jumpbooks.com. You save money with the low prices and gain functionality with the enhanced features Jumpbooks offers. You have the ability to search the entire text for a word or phrase, add comments, create your own bookmarks, and print on demand from your personal computer or laptop.
Jumpbooks can be purchased in our Burnaby campus store and our website. When you purchase in-store, remember to keep your receipt. This will have your activation code, which is required to access your book. When ordering online, please set up your IZUNA Bookstore account using a valid email address that you check regularly, as we will email you instructions and your access code.
Please note: Jumpbooks will be specified as "E-Book (Jumpbook)". If the Jumpbook is also available as a printed book, there will be a note to "Choose one." Do not order both the Jumpbook and the printed version of the same book.
- A computer that meets the browser or system requirements below.
- A high-speed Internet connection. Because Jumpbooks are large files, a high-speed Internet connection is required to ensure you can access or download your Jumpbook quickly and effectively. A connection to the Internet is required for reading a Jumpbook if you choose the recommended, online-viewer option.
- An account on Jumpbooks.com. .
- The receipt number and access code found on your bookstore sales receipt.
If you have all the items listed above, activate and download your Jumpbook today!
All Jumpbook titles will expire. The expiration date can be located on the back of each Jumpbook tag in the bookstore. Expiration begins at the moment you activate your Jumpbook, and the number of days left in your subscription will show in your bookshelf.
Yes, most Jumpbooks have no limitations regarding printing. In the event a Jumpbook does have a printing restriction, it can be located on the back of the each Jumpbook tag in the bookstore.
Yes, if your Jumpbook is in digital format, you may "check out" chapters or sections at a time to read offline. Follow the steps below, or watch the .
- From your bookshelf, select the desired eTextbook.
- Click the button to enable offline access.
- Select the chapters or sections to "check out" the chapters for offline use.
- Once the chapters are available for offline use, you can view the downloaded chapters in your browser, even while offline.
- The offline reader supports key features like notes, highlights, copy, and searching the current page.
- In order to access the selected chapters offline from another browser-enabled device, these chapters must be checked back in using the tools in the CourseSmart web site.
- The check out process may be repeated multiple times, and the entire eTextbook may be accessed offline.
- You may only store chapters offline on one device at a time.
- Jumpbooks.com recommends that you download your Jumpbook to a non-public computer (a personal computer or laptop) to ensure that you can successfully retrieve the file after download.
- Currently the offline access requires a browser with HTML5 support, such as Firefox 3.6 or higher.
Jumpbooks provided by Vitalsource are refundable within two weeks of purchase with your original sales receipt, if less than 20% has been read or printed. However, Jumpbooks provided by Copia are not eligible for refund if they've been accessed. Accessed means you've added the title to your jumpbooks.com account and clicked the access button to begin reading your book.
You can read your Jumpbooks on supported mobile devices such as Android mobile devices, iPhones and iPads. You will need to download a free application and have an active Internet connection. The Bookshelf App for iPhone and iPad is available through the App Store. The Bookshelf App for Android devices is available through the Android Marketplace. Read more information on.
Email Jumpbook Support with the following information:
- Steps to reproduce the problem (in as much detail as possible)
- Exact text of any error message (screen shots are helpful)
- URL(s) of any error page(s) you encounter
- Title(s) of problem download(s)
- Download or Online viewer version
- Receipt number and access code
- Operating system (Windows XP, Windows 7, Mac OS X, etc.)
- Internet browser and version (Internet Explorer 8.0, Firefox 6, etc. In most browsers, find this under Help > About.)
- If applicable, device type and operating system