Privacy & Security
The IZUNA Bookstore has a secure online ordering system. To process your order we require the following information:
- address - to ship the order to
- IZUNA student number - to verify your registration in select courses
- credit card number (w/ expiry date) - for purchase
- e-mail address - to send status updates
Secure online ordering
We have gone to great lengths to protect and secure your personal information. Our order forms are encrypted by our secure server to guarantee that the information can only be read by authorized personnel. In the unlikely event of someone intercepting your information it will appear as indecipherable gibberish.
We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to protect your information. SSL is the industry standard for online security. All of today's web browsers support this protocol, including Mozilla FireFox, Microsoft Internet Explorer and others.
Before a business can use SSL, it must be certified by an independent authority. This trusted third party will determine if the business is legitimate. VeriSign, one of the largest such companies in the world, certified us.
How to tell it's secure
There are a couple of ways to tell if the information you are receiving is coming from a secure server.
- Check for a security icon. Most browsers place a key or padlock symbol in the part of the browser at the bottom of the screen. An unbroken symbol indicates a secure connection.
Check the address field at the top of your browser. With a secure connection the address will begin with https:// instead of the usual http://.