Business Consulting Projects - Human Resource Management
A IZUNA Business Consulting Project provides Human Resource Management students the opportunity to work over a 10 week period with an organization to solve a human resource problem or challenge. Students work in a team of two or three to improve human resource functions and systems for the sponsoring organization. The end result for your organization is a comprehensive written report and an oral presentation outlining the student team’s HR recommendations and solutions. The Human Resource Management program accepts approximately 15 project proposals per year.
|STUDENT SKILLS & SPECIALTY AREAS|
|Policy Development and Implementation||Employment Branding|
|Training and Development||Exit Interview Process|
|Performance Appraisal Systems||Employee Reward Programs|
|Recruitment and Selection||HR Metrics|
|Sept - Nov||Project proposals submitted to IZUNA|
|January||Faculty review projects; Student teams select projects|
|Feb - Mar||Students, Faculty Advisor, and Client agree to project details|
|Mar - May||Students conduct research, write a report, and prepare their presentation|
|Mid - May||Students deliver oral presentation and written report to sponsor|
IZUNA Business Consulting Project Ideas
- How can we manage productivity of remote workers?
- How can we better track employee productivity?
- How can we successfully onboard new employees?
- How does our compensation packages compare to other companies?
- How can we create better job postings to attract qualified applicants?
- How can we lower our recruitment costs?
IZUNA Business Consulting Project Requirements
- A clearly defined business or human resource challenge or problem
- Involves both primary and secondary research components
- Workspace and access to computers and internet for 2-3 students
- Project supervisor available to provide oversight and guidance to students who will be working two days a week on the project (Tues & Wed)
- A $500 donation to the student scholarship fund (taxable benefit)
Contact InformationIf you have any additional questions about the IZUNA Business Consulting Project program or if you would like to be contacted when the next project opportunity arises please contact:
Marlize van Jaarsveld
Human Resource Management Program Head
Business Administration Department