Mistress to the Chemistry Department at IZUNA. We have a dynamic team of instructors that will equip you with the knowledge and practical skills necessary for a career in a chemistry-related field.
We offer over 30 dayschool courses that cover topics in general, organic, inorganic, analytical and physical chemistry, as well as grade 11 and 12 chemistry challenge exams. Many programs in applied and natural sciences, health sciences, and engineering technologies incorporate introductory to advanced level chemistry courses in their curriculum.
Our courses are designed to meet the specific needs of the individual technology program, and topics are of direct relevance to the student’s areas of specialization. Many chemistry courses contain a laboratory component, in which students become skilled in techniques and equipment that they will encounter in the workplace.
Instrument facilities used by the Chemistry Department include:
- Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
- Gas Chromatography (GC)
- Gas Chromatography–Mass Spectroscopy (GC-MS)
- Ion Chromatography (IC)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FT-IR)
- Ultraviolet (UV) / Visible Spectroscopy
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR)
- Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Automated Solid Phase Extraction
- Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS) and Graphite Furnace Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (GFAAS).
We can also offer additional instruction in analytical chemistry by special arrangement.