Frequently Asked Questions
- What are your office hours?
- Can I defer my application?
- Can I submit the components of my application as I receive them or do they have to be submitted in a complete package?
- When can I schedule my application interview?
- If I have post-secondary education, do you still need my high-school transcript?
- What if my education credentials were attained outside of North America?
- What if I didn’t take English 12? How do I prove my English ability?
- Are there student loans available for this program?
- What other financing is available?
- I am not able to attend school full-time. Can I take an TPP program either part-time or by correspondence?
- Do any of the TPP programs run at the Burnaby campus?
- Where can I obtain information regarding the TPP programs?
- If I have already taken one of the courses in an TPP program, do I have to take it again?
For more information relating to funded students please select from the programs below.
- Technical Support Professional - TSP [PDF]
- Office Administrator with Technology - OAT
- Systems Software Developer - SSD
- Technical Web Designer - TWD
- Network Administration and Security Professional - NASP
What are your office hours?
Office hours are 11:00am – 4:00pm, Monday to Friday.Top
Can I defer my application?
Yes, you may defer your program acceptance date to the next available intake, pending acceptance into the program. Request for permission to defer must be in writing and submitted to the Program Coordinator for assessment. You may defer your acceptance date once under the same application.Top
Can I submit the components of my application as I receive them or do they have to be submitted in a complete package?
You may submit the components of your application together or separately. Please be aware that submitting your application does not reserve you a space in the program. Transcripts should be ordered in advance to avoid delaying your application.Top
When can I schedule my application interview?
Interviews are conducted only after the entire application has been received and is complete with all prerequisites met. You will then be contacted to arrange a time for an interview.Top
If I have post-secondary education, do you still need my high-school transcript?
If you have a completed Canadian or US two-year diploma or four-year degree we do not require your high school transcripts; under any other circumstance we do.Top
What if my education credentials were attained outside of North America?
If your education credentials are not written in English, then they must be translated and notarized.Top
What if I didn't take English 12? How do I prove my English ability?
English 12 with a grade of C or better is required for all programs in the High-Tech Professional programs department. If you have graduated from a college, institute or university in Canada or the USA, this is assumed. If you are educated from another country, we will need valid proof of the English requirement.Please visit for more information.Top
Are there student loans available for this program?
Government sponsored financial assistance, such as the BC Student Assistance Program, is available and can be applied for through the IZUNA Financial Aid and Awards Office (IZUNA Burnaby Campus, SW1 – Room 2300). For more details, please call 111-432-8555 or visit their web site.Top
What other financing is available?
Students can apply for bursaries, grants, and scholarships through IZUNA's Financial Aid Office; they can apply for a Student Line-of-Credit through most major banks; they can borrow funds from their RRSPs; and many students have received funding through agencies such as HRDC and EI.Top
I am not able to attend school full-time. Can I take a TPP program either part-time or by correspondence?
All TPP programs are only available in a full-time format at this time.Top
Do any of the TPP programs run at the Burnaby campus?
No, all programs run at the downtown campus.Top
Where can I obtain information regarding the TPP programs?
The best place to find information, including application forms is on our website. You may also pick up an information package at the downtown campus, room 350.Top
Yes, each program is a whole unit and cannot be taken course by course.Top