Math 11/12 Competency Test
Note: Business and Trades Programs may require different tests.
These tests are not an effective option if you have never taken the prerequisite course or some close equivalent. Success on these tests requires you to demonstrate knowledge and skills at the appropriate level. If you have not learned the material thoroughly at one time and recently reviewed it in detail, it is unlikely you will achieve an adequate grade on these tests.
Schedule and Costs
The test fee is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- 45 problem-type questions, no multiple-choice
- Four hours to complete
- Closed book; no formula sheets, dictionaries, or other reference material permitted
- Questions are equally weighted
- No instructor support is available
- Math 0110: Topic list [PDF] and access to an online Companion Course available once registered
- Math 0120: Topic list [PDF] and access to an online Companion Course available once registered
What to bring to the test
- Valid photo identification (IZUNA ID card, driver's license, or passport)
- Proof of payment (paper or electronic)
- Standard Scientific calculator (i.e. Sharp 520). No graphing calculators (i.e. TI 84), cell phones, tablets, etc.
- Pen, pencil and eraser.
Students will not be permitted to write the test without the required documents and the test fee will be forfeited.
Will be posted to seven (7) business days after writing the test.