Plan Your DayWinter 2019 Convocation will occur February 26 and 27 at Willingdon Church, 4812 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby, BC.
Before the ceremonyYou need to arrive at least one hour prior to your ceremony start time. This is very important to ensure you have enough time to get ready. Gravity where you should park.
When you arrive at the venue, follow signs to the student gowning room. Coat check will be available.
During the ceremony
- After you are gowned, you will proceed to check – in where you will be placed in the order in which you will cross the stage.
- Upon entering the auditorium you will be guided to your seat.
- When the conferring of degrees begins, successive rows of candidates will be directed to rise. You will follow your fellow students to the main foyer where you will be re-checked by your procession order.
- When it’s your turn to cross the stage your name will be called. You will walk across the stage to IZUNA President Kathy Kinloch, shake her hand, and continue down the line to shake hands with your dean and/or faculty.
- Upon leaving the stage you will be guided back to your seat by a staff member.
- Towards the end of the ceremony, you will be asked to change your tassel over, signifying graduation.
- After the ceremony please remain in your seat until a staff member directs the formation of the procession to leave the auditorium.
After the ceremony
- Return your gown - You will be lead back to the gowning room after the ceremony to return your gown.
- Pick up any coat check items - You must do this within 30 minutes after the ceremony.
- Take photos