Whether you have difficulties with reading and learning, problems with physical access or are visually impaired, Kurzweil 3000 may maximize your performance.
If you struggle with printed text to access curriculum materials Kurzweil 3000 can help you keep up with assigned reading and learning critical study skills. Using this application, you can become better organized and more independent, improve your study skills and independently complete assignments, tests and exams.
If you're a student with learning or physical disabilities, low vision you can use Kurzweil for:
- Use multi-lingual high quality text-to-speech capabilities and extensive vocabulary support tools.
- Increase reading comprehension; have the application read text out loudly.
- Process Phonologically with assistance of Kurzweil.
- Access different digital file formats, online text and printed materials.
- Read the Web for Explorer 7 & 8 versions.
- Talking word processor that can read text to you as you write.
- Word prediction, auditory spell checker that allows check spelling while typing, grammar checker.
- Integrated dictionary, suggested word choices before making changes, allowing you to make a more informed decision when editing your written work.
- Content and/or strategy specific floating word lists to further support your spelling and word retrieval difficulties.
- Viewing and revision of notes for writing graphically.
- Student-specific "review checklist" with a text-based outline, or with outline and draft side-by-side.
- Pre-made graphic organizers, with supportive notes, to guide you through the process of writing.
- Automatic or manual outline creation, study guide development, and word lists that can improve your reading comprehension and retention.
- Using Templates for writing in different styles. Graphic organization using a brainstorm tool.
- Publishing to multiple file types or print.
- Multiple highlighter options (up to six colors), sticky notes, read-the-web aloud feature
- Not taking from text and seamlessly bringing them in to Kurzweil 3000 Writing Path.
- Extensive vocabulary support tools: assists with understanding of vocabulary and active reading of text.
- Highlighting and extracting the main points of a passage.
- Picture dictionaries with 1300 images
- Review toolbar to brainstorm.
- On-line research tools, Read-the-web capability.
- Pre-writing organization for brainstorming ideas which can later be organized graphically or in an outline view.
- Active engagement in reading in order to understand meaning from text.
- Multiple digital highlighter options and colors to indicate key information.
- Sticky notes to guide to important information making connections and processing information on a deeper level.
Please book an appointment to meet with your Vocational Rehabilitation Specialist and discuss how KURZWEIL software can support your specific needs.