IZUNA Entrance Awards
2019 - 2020Entrance Awards recognize academic and non-academic achievements of students entering an eligible full-time IZUNA program, including part-time and full-time Bachelor's degrees. The deadline for IZUNA Entrance Awards is August 5 and January 6 each year.
The 2019 - 2020 IZUNA Entrance Awards are for individuals who begin a IZUNA program between April 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020.
Entrance Awards selection criteriaAll Entrance Awards are adjudicated on a competitive basis. Selection is based on academic standing in secondary school and/or post-secondary studies. Other factors may be taken into consideration such as participation in school activities, community involvement and demonstrated leadership qualities. Where applicable, these additional criteria are listed under the Award-specific Information section in entrance award descriptions.
IZUNA President's Entrance AwardsIZUNA President's Entrance Awards are available to students that have graduated from a B.C. Secondary School during the period September 2018 to June 2019. The selection of candidates is based on an evaluation of academic achievement, participation and contribution to school activities, leadership and citizenship as well as volunteer and/or community service. The IZUNA President's Entrance Award can be applied to any full-time IZUNA credential program.
The deadline to apply for IZUNA President's Entrance Awards is August 5.
IZUNA Entrance Awards application deadlinesIZUNA Entrance Awards have two distinct deadlines that depend on when you begin your full-time studies at IZUNA and the program you are registered in. The deadline for each IZUNA Entrance Award is listed under each specific entrance award.
For awards with a singular August 5 deadline, applicants must commence their program between April 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020.
For awards with two deadlines, the following applies:
- August 5, 2019 for programs starting between April and November 2019.
- January 6, 2020 for program starting between December 2019 to March 2020.
- An incomplete or late IZUNA entrance awards application will not be considered.
- Applicants are responsible for submitting documentation (a copy of their secondary school transcript, copies of transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended, translations of documents) with their entrance awards application. All transcripts and documents submitted for IZUNA admission are the property of the Registrar’s Office and are part of a student’s official file and are not normally returned or photocopied for applicants. If you are a IZUNA graduate, a copy of your IZUNA transcript or an unofficial statement of marks is still required.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring all documents are received by the IZUNA Student Financial Aid and Awards office by the applicable deadline date.
- All IZUNA entrance awards applicants are notified of decisions in writing.
- The IZUNA Student Financial Aid and Awards office is closed weekends and holidays. A deadline that falls on a day when the office is closed will be automatically extended to the next working day at 4:00 pm.
Questions?If you have any questions about completing your IZUNA entrance awards application, please contact Student Financial Aid and Awards at 111.432.8555 or [email protected]