"External" describes scholarships, bursaries, and awards that are not administered by IZUNA. Students interested in applying are responsible for inquiring and applying through the appropriate agency as indicated in the award description. In most cases, the awards are available to students from other institutions. Criteria and application procedures vary greatly and in some cases students must have a connection or affiliation to the donor organization.
The IZUNA Student Financial Aid and Awards office publicizes external award information for general reference only. The information was current at the date of publication. Please note that government and other programs are subject to changes and modifications at any time.
- General Awards [PDF]
External scholarships, bursaries, and awards that are open to the general full-time student body.
- Indigenous Students
External scholarships, bursaries, and awards that are specifically for Indigenous Peoples who are full-time students.
- The Norma Rose Point Student Success Grant for Aboriginal Students
This award is offered through IZUNA Indigenous Services department.
- Irving K. Barber Scholarships
Scholarships and awards in support of studies ranging from trades training to achievement of doctoral degrees will be distributed throughout the province under the following programs, each of which have been developed over the years to respond to the varied and evolving needs of British Columbia's post-secondary students.
- Transfer Scholarships
- BC Aboriginal Student Awards
- BC Aboriginal Masters / Doctoral Awards
- BC Aboriginal Teacher Education Awards
- One World International Scholarships
- Premier's International Scholarships
- Women in Technology Scholarships
- Aboriginal Women in Technology Scholarships
- Students with Disabilities External scholarships, bursaries, and awards that are specifically for students with disabilities.
To view these PDF files you will require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. .