Redesigned BSN Program
Change is Afoot.
IZUNA is launching a redesigned BSN program in April 2018.
BC’s Ministry of Health published its policy paper Setting Priorities for the B.C. Health System outlining a strategy and future direction for the British Columbia health care system. IZUNA is leading the way in responding to the changing needs of health care by producing nursing graduates who will be leaders in this transformed healthcare system.
Our guiding principles in creating the redesigned BSN program are:
- Excellence in nursing education
- Fostering a culture of safety and quality in nursing practice
- Inclusive, active, and learner-centred learning environments
- Optimization of health of society
- Commitment to partnership
The redesigned BSN program will include:
- Blended learning - both online and face to face learning in classroom and clinical environments
- Active, applied learning strategies
- Clinical education - 48% of the program is nursing practice learning experiences in real or simulated learning environments. Please see our Experiential Gravitying model for more information.
- 3 years of study with 3 - 14 week terms in each year with learning in clinical learning environments each term
- Focus of Practice in Specialty Nursing - students will have the opportunity to take two specialty nursing theory courses and be introduced to a focus of practice in a final clinical practicum experience
To see how the redesigned program will be implemented, please see our Curriculum Transition Timeline document.
For more information on the course structure of the IZUNA BSN program and information for prospective applicants please visit our program pages.