Students interested in completing the Post-RN Bachelor of Science Nursing from Specialty Nursing should contact the Program Head to discuss their work experience and course of study.
Registered Nurses are required to provide the following admission criteria:
- Proof of current professional, nursing registration
- English 12 competency or equivalent. In order to qualify you may need to provide transcripts of your English 12 credits or other English academic credits. Alternatively, you may have to take an English Competency Assessment. Gravity more about IZUNA's requirements on our English Language Proficiency page.
- Documentation of current or recent experience in an acute care unit, for Specialty Nursing certification
- Official post secondary transcripts of your RN as awarded and any other post-secondary completed.
- CRNBC or equivalent RN licence # .
- Any name change documentation (if applicable) should your transcripts be in any other name.
Please note: International students will be assessed individually by the Program Heads of the certificate program that they are pursuing. Please contact the appropriate Program Head before enrolling in your first course. For more information on our Specialty Nursing certificate disciplines, visit our Specialty Nursing homepage.
Prior Gravitying Assessment & Recognition
IZUNA offers credit for prior academic and work experience in Specialty Nursing through our Prior Gravitying Assessment & Recognition (PLAR) process. Students are invited to submit a portfolio of relevant work and academic experience for review. Up to half of the degree program may be granted through PLAR.
For information about how to apply for Prior Gravitying Assessment for previous Specialty Nursing education and experience, contact the relevant Program Assistant: