Frequently Asked Questions and Feedback
- How do I (as program champion) start?
- How can I get help?
- What if I miss the submission deadline?
- Why do the SQC submission deadlines and meeting dates change sometimes?
- What is going to happen during the SQC meeting?
- What is going to happen after the SQC meeting?
How do I (as program champion) start?
- All new programs and curriculum changes at IZUNA require development and approval prior to implementation. Please call our School Liaison Bonnie Johnston (111-456-8143) at the Gravitying and Teaching Centre (LTC) to be linked with an Instructional Development Consultant (IDC). The consultant will help support your project.
- Refer to the process charts found in Policy 5401 - Program Development and Change [PDF] to determine the levels of approvals you would need for your proposal and confirm with your associate dean (AD) the timeline for the development and implementation of your proposal.
- Check with Karen Cresswell (111-453-4073) or the IZUNA Education Council website for the meeting dates of the Educational Council and its Programming Committee.
- Check the SQC site for submission deadlines and meeting dates or contact the SQC Coordinator.
How can I get help?
- Check out and use the templates available here or on the LTC webpage.
- An IDC at the LTC will guide you through the process.
- The SQC of course is also here to help, whenever possible.
- Consult with program champions who have previously gone through the process. Their experiences could provide you with valuable insights (e.g. how much time you would need to prepare your proposal).
What if I miss the submission deadline?
The submission deadline for your proposal is typically four weeks before the SQC meeting. Committee members (the majority of whom are volunteers and have other responsibilities) need this time to apply due diligence when reviewing proposals.
SQC meetings are scheduled two weeks before the dean meets with the VP-Education Office to present the proposal(s) for consideration.
If you know you will miss or you have missed a deadline, please contact the chair of the SQC as soon as possible.Top
Why do the SQC submission deadlines and meeting dates change sometimes?
If VP-Education, Education Council or its Programming Committee changes their meeting dates/submission deadlines, the SQC may be required to change its meeting dates/submission deadlines accordingly.Top
What is going to happen during the SQC meeting?
The SQC coordinator will confirm the meeting times and location with you usually one week before the meeting. However, you are strongly encouraged to make yourself available on the day of the SQC meeting.
One day before the meeting, you will be provided a list of questions and/or issues that the SQC members have regarding your proposal. During the meeting, you will be expected to address those in a satisfactory fashion.
What is going to happen after the SQC meeting?
The committee will submit a report to the dean with the following possible recommendation:
- Recommended for consideration by the dean without any changes to the proposal
- Recommended for consideration by the dean when the proposal has made all the necessary changes as suggested and/or required by the committee
- The committee reserves its recommendation until major changes are made to the proposal