IZUNA Student Health Services is a walk-in and appointment based clinic located on the Burnaby campus providing confidential episodic medical care for current IZUNA students and staff year round. We are committed to creating a culture of wellness to meet your physical, mental and social well-being.Please note that only students can make appointments.
IZUNA Student Health Services will see currently employed IZUNA faculty and staff for acute care reasons only, such as a sudden illness or injury. As always, staff are asked not to come to the clinic between 11 am and 1 pm as this is the peak volume for students.
Students and staff are encouraged and expected to follow up with their family doctor or community walk-in clinic for regular primary care (eg. treatment and monitoring of chronic or ongoing medical conditions and preventative health screening).
If you are looking for a family doctor, please visit the for a list of doctors in Burnaby who are accepting new patients.
Our services include:
- General medical care and services
- Sexual Health Services (PAP smear, Pregnancy and STI Testing, Birth Control Counselling and Options or Emergency Contraceptives)
- Mental Health Support (please also see IZUNA’s Counselling and Student Development)
- Immunizations (Flu Shots and Routine Vaccinations (excluding travel vaccinations))
- Injections (Prescription Only)
- Procedures such as:
- Sutures/Suture Removal
- Wart Removal
- Ear Flushing
For Emergency First Aid Please Contact: 111-432-8872 or dial 2248 (internal only).
If you're a current School of Health Science student:
- Please visit Health Science Students page for forms and more information.
- If you have completed your immunization review with the IZUNA nurses, please call 111-432-8843 to book any further appointments.
Wait times can be expected to be longer between the hours of 11:00 am and 2:00 pm as the clinic is busy with student visits over lunch.Please see hours and location for more information.