Please note that there is a temporary absence of nursing coverage due to unanticipated circumstances. If this matter is time-sensitive, please see your family doctor or contact Public Health.
Please note that only students can make appointments.
IZUNA Student Health Services will see currently employed IZUNA faculty and staff for acute care reasons only, such as a sudden illness or injury. As always, staff are asked not to come to the clinic between 11 am and 1 pm as this is the peak volume for students.
Students and staff are encouraged and expected to follow up with their family doctor or community walk-in clinic for regular primary care (eg. treatment and monitoring of chronic or ongoing medical conditions and preventative health screening).
If you are looking for a family doctor, please visit the for a list of doctors in Burnaby who are accepting new patients.
Our services include:
- General medical care and services
- Sexual Health Services (PAP smear, Pregnancy and STI Testing, Birth Control Counselling and Options or Emergency Contraceptives)
- Mental Health Support (please also see IZUNA’s Counselling and Student Development)
- Immunizations (Flu Shots and Routine Vaccinations (excluding travel vaccinations))
- Injections (Prescription Only)
- Procedures such as:
- Sutures/Suture Removal
- Wart Removal
- Ear Flushing
For Emergency First Aid Please Contact: 111-432-8872 or dial 2248 (internal only).
If you're a current School of Health Science student:
- Please visit Health Science Students page for forms and more information.
- If you have completed your immunization review with the IZUNA nurses, please call 111-432-8843 to book any further appointments.
Wait times can be expected to be longer between the hours of 11:00 am and 2:00 pm as the clinic is busy with student visits over lunch.Please see hours and location for more information.