Information For Health Science Students
As noted on the Immunization Review Form Instructions [PDF], the following vaccinations are required for health science students:
- Recent (within the past 10 years) Tetanus/Diphtheria
- An Adult booster of Poliomyelitis vaccine is required for all students entering clinical.
- 2 documented Measles Mumps Rubella vaccines (please be aware re-vaccination will occur if you only received 1 full dose of MMR or had MR only, as well as if you do not have any records).
- 2 documented Varicella vaccinations or a history of Childhood Chickenpox Disease is accepted as being immune.
- Tuberculin (TB) Skin test (must be within the 6 months prior to starting your clinical practicum).
- Documented series of Hepatitis B immunizations along with mandatory serology for Hepatitis B
- It is highly recommended that Medical Laboratory students are protected against Meningitis. Med Lab students should receive 2 doses of MenB (Bexsero) and 1 dose of ACYW-135 (Menveo or Menactra). These vaccinations are also suggested for all health workers.
** Serology is recommended if you are uncertain if you had the disease as a child, or if you do not have records. Serology may have to be repeated should the necessary markers not be included in your bloodwork, and can be drawn in our clinic during immunization reviews. SEROLOGY IS NOT ACCEPTED FOR MMR. **
*** PLEASE LET YOUR PHYSICIAN KNOW YOUR HEPATITIS B BLOOD WORK REQUISITION MUST INCLUDE: HepBsAb, HepBsAg, HepBcAb. ***
Further Help and Immunization Information:
Information regarding Meningitis and Vaccines:
Questions or Concerns? Contact the IZUNA Nurses
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your immunization records, review or vaccinations and serology required, please contact the nurses at Student Health Services.
- By Phone: 111-432-8843
- By Email: [email protected] (forms can be sent here, please call for all other inquiries.)
You may also stop by during clinic hours should you have any questions and like to speak to a nurse directly.
If you are a current health sciences student and have been in to see us for your immunization review, and still require immunizations or information please call us to book an appointment.