BCGEU Support Staff Professional Development Fund
The fund supports career related skills training for regular, temporary, and auxiliary BCGEU employees. A joint union/management committee meets to review applications twice per month on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday.
Eligible activities for Funding include:
- Tuition, registration fees for courses, seminars, workshops or conferences which will enhance the employee's knowledge or skills relevant to their current position or career development.
- Diplomas, certificates, or degrees where they are related to the employee's current position or related career goals.
- Required textbooks and/or related materials for approved PD activities.
- Professional Development is not limited to IZUNA courses and the funds may be used for credit and non-credit courses.
- The fund does not provide reimbursement for food, travel, accommodation or salary.
- Managers must approve release time prior to registration and release costs are the responsibility of the Department Manager.
To be eligible, an application must be received by the committee prior to the start date of the program or conference.
Auxiliary employees are not eligible for the IZUNA Staff Fee Waiver process; therefore, they may apply for support for IZUNA courses through this fund if they have reached 630 hours seniority. All regular and temporary BCGEU employees must utilize the fee waiver process for IZUNA courses.
To apply for the fund, launch the and begin the application process. Your network credentials are required to log-in.