Part-time Studies Program Declaration
International students: Part-time Studies (course-by-course) programs are only available to international students who have a valid status in Canada. If you are currently outside of Canada, please apply to a full-time program or ISEP.
IZUNA offers a wide variety of programs offered in a course-by-course format referred to as Part-time Studies. Registration for part-time studies courses is processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Students should be aware that space in courses is limited; some courses fill very quickly
To maintain your study permit status, you must declare your Part-time Studies program online and enroll in a minimum of three courses (9.0 credits) per term. Review Part-time Studies study permit requirements and refund deadlines.
Program Declaration Request
Step 1: Choose your program
Step 2: Meet the entrance requirements
To be successful in IZUNA's applied learning environment, students must demonstrate English proficiency in all four language skills: reading, writing, speaking, and listening. English requirements are program-specific. Find your program online and refer to the program entry details.
If your course or program does not have a specific English requirement, two years of education in English in an English-speaking country and English 12 are strongly recommended for success.
Need to upgrade your English? IZUNA offers English training.
For more information on English equivalencies, testing and upgrading options, visit:
Many courses needed to complete a program have prerequisites that are listed in the course description. Before registering, it is your responsibility to ensure you have completed the course(s) or can provide proof that you have skills and knowledge equivalent to those listed.
Step 3: Submit a program declaration
your Part-time Studies program online using the IZUNA Secure Information System:
- (student number).
- Follow the instructions to select and declare your program.
- Pay the declaration fee online by Visa, MasterCard, or American Express (payment is required or your application will not be processed).
Step 4: Receive notification
Upon approval, a program plan will be sent to you confirming your program of study. Program declaration requests take approximately eight weeks to process.
Step 5: Request an international student verification letter (optional)
If you require a verification letter for Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in order to apply for or extend your study permit, please complete the following steps:
- your Part-time Studies program online.
- Register and pay for a minimum of three courses, worth at least 9 credits, that are all required for your declared program. View Part-time Studies registration dates.
- Bring your original and valid status in Canada document to the International Student Centre (ISC).
- Bring proof of medical insurance to the International Student Centre (ISC).
- If extending your permit, show proof that you have remained enrolled and made reasonable and timely progress towards completing your program.
- Submit an International Student Verification Letter Request. There is no additional charge for the verification letter if you have already paid the $154 program declaration fee. Requests for letters of verification required to apply for a study permit from Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) must be submitted a minimum of eight weeks prior to the start of courses or programs.