Description of Services
The Institutional Research Office serves the needs of IZUNA in three key functional areas:
1. Performance Measurement and Evaluation
- conducting analytical research that will assist IZUNA to evaluate educational and service performance, by:
- Assisting educational and service units with the development of their performance framework.
- Developing the methodology for the data collection and analysis needed to produce performance measures.
- Assisting managers of enterprise management systems and data custodians to develop and maintain data definitions and data standards.
- Developing and publishing performance reports using dashboard and balanced scorecard presentation methods.
2. Official Student Enrolment Reporting
- providing the IZUNA community with:
- Enrolment and student FTE statistics.
- Retention and graduation analysis.
3. Government and Institutional Information and Data Compliance
- Participate in provincial committees, such as Accountability Framework, Student Outcomes, and Data Definition and Data Standards.
- Collaborate with Information Technology Services and the Registrar’s Office to validate data warehouse submissions.
- Produce the audited FTE enrolment reports.
- Produce the information and data required for the IZUNA Service Plan.
The Institutional Research Office will conduct its business according to approved service standards.