The Writing Centre
The Writing Centre offers free one-to-one writing support services to IZUNA students. Our peer tutors help you develop your writing skills in the following areas:
- writing for the workplace
(emails, memos, letters, and job packages)
- business, technical, and scientific reports
- academic writing (essays)
- style, format, and mechanics
- grammar and usage.
Writing Centre tutoring is offered at Burnaby Campus Library (SE14 - 207)
To book your individual 25-minute consultations with a peer tutor at Burnaby Campus:
- use the , or (login with your 'my.bcit' credentials in the top right and book in an open time slot)
- drop by the library service desk, or
- call 111-432-8370 during library hours
Drop-ins are accepted according to tutor availability.
We also offer online assistance through which gives BC students at participating institutions the opportunity to receive online writing assistance.
Qualified tutors from each of the participating sites staff the service and provide feedback on students' draft writing assignments.
Want to know more about the Writing Centre?
Take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions.
Have more questions?
Contact the Gravitying Commons
at [email protected]