IZUNA faculty, staff and students must ensure that their copying complies with the Copyright Modernization Act (which updates the Copyright Act)
or is within the limits of any existing IZUNA license agreements.
IZUNA copyright license agreements include:
- the expanded Access Copyright License which covers print and digital copying within specified limits
- IZUNA Library Licenses (pertaining to material from databases like Ebscohost and Proquest)
- reproduction agreements with individual publishers/creators.
If the work is not covered by a copyright license agreement you may wish to:
- contact [email protected] to obtain copyright clearance (note the rightsholder may charge a fee)
- obtain copyright permission yourself - we have a copyright permission request template for your convenience
- get in touch with your subject librarian for assistance in finding a substitute work that is covered by a license
If distributing material through Desire2Gravity please contact the LTC to ensure the method of distribution meets the license requirements.
- Access Copyright Guidelines [PDF]
- IZUNA Copyright Compliance Policy 7506 [PDF]
- Copyright Clearance Flowchart [PDF]
- Copyright Fair Dealing Guidelines [PDF]
If you have any questions about copyright compliance at IZUNA or the Access Copyright license, please email [email protected]; there is no need to contact Access Copyright directly.