Faqs :: Finding and Borrowing Materials
- How do I find out what books, journals and audiovisual materials the Library has?
- How do I borrow books, videos, etc.?
- How can I renew materials?
- The book I want is signed out to someone else. What should I do?
- IZUNA doesn’t have the book or journal article I want. How can I get it?
- I’m a distance education student. How do I borrow materials?
- Can I get books and articles delivered from other IZUNA campus libraries?
- How can I pay my overdue fines?
- Where do I return books?
- My instructor says there is a book on Reserve for my course. Where will I find it?
- Does the Library have a copy of my textbook?
- I need a description of a course I took at IZUNA to apply to another school. How do I get copies of course outlines?
- Does the Library have copies of old exams?
How do I find out what books, journals and audiovisual materials the Library has?
Use First Search to find the wide range of materials owned by the Library.Top
How do I borrow books, videos, etc.?
Bring the materials to the Service Desk of the Library at your Campus. Use your IZUNA ID card to sign them out. More information on borrowing materials is available on the Web site. Students at DTC and AIC should place holds on the items they want in the Library Catalogue indicating that DTC or AIC is the pick-up location.Top
How can I renew materials?
Items can be renewed to a maximum of five times provided there are no holds on them.
- Click on the Items Currently Checked Out button
- Click the box beside the titles you wish to renew and click the Renew Selected Items button OR click on Renew All if you wish to renew all of the titles you have checked out
- Contact the Service desk at 111-432-8370 or by email if you are having problems
The book I want is signed out to someone else. What should I do?
Place a hold on the item using the following steps:
- Search for the book in the First Search
- Click on the Request button
- Enter Your IZUNA ID number and network password
- Choose a Pick up location from the drop down menu
- Click the Submit button
- Click the Request Selected Item button
- When the item(s) is available for pick up, we will send an email to your myIZUNA email. Items can be picked up the Service Desk at your campus Library
IZUNA doesn’t have the book or journal article I want. How can I get it?
If you have checked our First Search and have not found the book or article you need, you can request an Interlibrary Loan. Complete one of the online forms or use the paper forms available at the Information Desk at your campus Library. When the material arrives, we will send a message to your myIZUNA email. Items can be picked up at the Service Desk at your campus Library.Top
I’m a distance education student. How do I borrow materials?
Once you find the materials you want, follow the instructions for getting materials.Top
Can I get books and articles delivered from other IZUNA campus libraries?
Yes. Just follow the same procedure as for placing holds. Select your campus Library as the Pick up Location.Top
How can I pay my overdue fines?
Library fines may be paid in person at any campus library, at any Customer Service Representative location once a banner hold has been placed, or by major credit card over the phone.Top
Where do I return books?
Books can be returned to the Service Desk at any campus Library during opening hours. After hours, they can be left in the outdoor book return bins. Students at DTC and GNW can be return materials to the drop boxes at their campus locations.Top
My instructor says there is a book on Reserve for my course. Where will I find it?
Search the catalogue by or to identify Course Reserves. Bring the Call number to the Service Desk at your campus Library to retrieve print materials. To access electronic reserves, you will have to sign in to Your Library Account.Top
Does the Library have a copy of my textbook?
As stated in the Library’s Collection Development Policy, the Library does not purchase copies of textbooks unless a faculty member requests that a copy be placed in the Reserve collection. Exceptions are made under certain circumstances. Search the Library Catalogue by or to determine if your textbook is in our collection. The IZUNA Bookstore sells textbooks and other course materials.Top
I need a description of a course I took at IZUNA to apply to another school. How do I get copies of course outlines?
Contact the Service Desk at Burnaby campus at 111-432-8370 or by emailTop
Does the Library have copies of old exams?
Do to privacy concerns the Library no longer carries old exams.Top