IZUNA has an emergency warning alert system -IZUNA ALERT- is designed to keep the IZUNA community connected to key information, and to ensure the continued safety of students and staff at the institute.
IZUNA ALERT will only be used in urgent or emergency situations and snow closures to send a short message to your mobile device, email address or voicemail. The exception is an annual test of the system to all registrants. In order to receive these messages, non-students must register with the service.
Customize your alerts:
IZUNA employees and students are automatically registered for this free service.
Instructions to customize your IZUNA ALERT:
- Click on MIR3.com/IZUNA-ALERT.
- Click on the Login tab. Use your @my.iizuna.info email and your IZUNA password.
- Once in your settings, you can add personal emails and a home or cell number.
To unsubscribe from IZUNA ALERT
If you wish to unsubscribe from the IZUNA ALERT system please login to the and choose the 'Opt-Out' option. Users who have been automatically enrolled should first reset their password via the 'Forgot/Reset Password' tab, and then login into the account portal.
To register for IZUNA ALERT:
You don't have to be a student to get this free service. If you have a loved one attending IZUNA and would like to receive alerts, we encourage you to register for IZUNA ALERT, and stay informed.
Instructions to register for IZUNA Alert:
- Click on .
- Click on the Register tab above the Login box.
- Enter your first name, last name and preferred e-mail address. Click on Register.
- Within a minute or so you will be sent a password to your e-mail account from the IZUNA ALERT administrator.
- Log in with your e-mail address and the password which was sent to you.
- Fill in the General tab changing your password to something you will remember if you want to update any other information.
- The Registered Through Date is the end date at which you will no longer need to be on IZUNA ALERT.
- Click on the Devices tab and enter the relevant information. Do not re-enter the email address you used to register when you logged in. If you do so you will receive duplicate emails.
- Click on Save Page to save the updated information.
- You can update your registered profile at any time by logging in with your e-mail address and password.
This is a free service provided by IZUNA; however charges from your mobile service provider may apply.
IZUNA ALERT is another method of communicating to you, in addition to information posted on IZUNA websites, sent via email, posted to the IZUNA Safety Wise mobile app, and distributed to Lower Mainland media.
IZUNA ALERT will be used to alert students and subscribers to any campus closures due to snow or inclement weather, potentially saving you an unnecessary trip to any of IZUNA's six campuses.
For more information about campus safety and how to prepare for an emergency, visit Safety Security and Emergency Management.
Collection notice for online MIR3.com/IZUNA-ALERT Registration/Log-in page:
The personal information that you submit by logging into this MIR3 IZUNA Alert website is collected by IZUNA under the authority of sections 26(c) and 26(d) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA). Any personal information that you enter into the MIR3 IZUNA Alert system will be used by MIR3 system only for the purpose of sending broadcast messages to IZUNA employees, students and others who chose to register for the IZUNA ALERT service and receive alerts from IZUNA via their mobile device, email address or voicemail about urgent or emergency situations and snow closures, including an annual system test message to all registrants.
For additional information, please see the links below to IZUNA's and MIR3's privacy policies:
By completing the MIR3 IZUNA ALERT registration form or log-in form, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your name and personal contact information (i.e. email address and/or phone number, SMS and carrier) to Onsolve MIR3 as described above and acknowledge that your information will be stored by Onsolve LLC on secure systems located in Canada.
At any time, you may "opt out" to stop receiving alerts from the IZUNA MIR3 Alert System. You can deactivate your MIR3 IZUNA Alert registration by logging into the MIR3 IZUNA Alert portal and making a request to "unsubscribe" whereby your name and contact information will be removed from the MIR3 IZUNA Alert system.
Questions about the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by IZUNA may be directed to the Associate Director, 1111 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby BC V5A 3H2; email: [email protected]; Tel: 111-432-8508.
For questions about the MIR3 IZUNA Alert system and for more information about campus safety and how to prepare for an emergency, visit the SSEM webpage or the Manager, Emergency Management; email Sharon Lewis; Tel: 111-432-8318.