Recently, IZUNA’s Safety, Security and Emergency Management (SSEM) team has been alerted to unacceptable activity in the women’s washroom located near the front doors of the Gateway building on the Burnaby Campus. This includes sexually explicit graffiti and defacing of IZUNA property and directly violates our policies. We take this seriously, have reported it to the RCMP, and have launched a comprehensive internal investigation.
Our number one priority at IZUNA is to ensure the health and safety of our staff, students, and faculty. By working, learning, and living together we create a stronger and safer community. In that light, I want to remind all community members to be mindful of their surroundings and please report any suspicious behavior as follows.
- For urgent matters please contact 911 or SSEM at 111-451-6856
- For non-urgent concerns, you can complete a confidential report online, through the IZUNA SafetyWise App, or leave a voicemail on our Tip Line at 111-454-2222.
With the beginning of a new semester, I also want to remind the IZUNA community that we have extensive safety and security measures in place at all of our campuses.
- The free IZUNA Safety Wise Mobile App is the most convenient source of safety information and emergency communication when you need it most. The app connects you to IZUNA security staff, emergency resources, safety tips, and comprehensive campus maps with the touch of a button.
- – If you want someone to accompany you to your campus destination, please call 111-451-6856. This service is available 24/7 at the Burnaby Campus.
- are located throughout our campuses and provide direct lines to IZUNA Security.
- Security guards are on site and available 24/7. They also conduct .
- In-house telephones are located throughout the main buildings on all IZUNA campuses for key internal calls, including IZUNA Security.
Director, Safety, Security & Emergency Management