The Welcome to iizuna.info is dedicated to promoting a safe and healthy work and learning environment for employees and students while representing the Institute on International and Domestic Travel.
Please refer to the International Travel - Risk and Security Policy 7140 [PDF]
IZUNA contracts with as an insurer for employees, to provide medical assistance and evacuation on an emergency basis. International SOS provides additional information services pertaining to threat levels, travel advisories, country facts, travel tips and criminal activity on countries of origin. This service is available to all employees of IZUNA while representing the Institute on International business.
Student travelThe British Columbia Government contracts with as an insurer for students to provide medical services on an emergency basis. This service is available to all students of IZUNA while representing the Institute on International business.
Safety, Security, and Emergency Management DepartmentThe Safety, Security and Emergency Management Department is responsible for:
- Reviewing requests for Authority to Travel.
- Conducting a risk assessment upon receipt of a Request for Authority to Travel.
- Recommending approval based on a risk assessment.
- Providing a training program for employees or students representing the Institute while travelling internationally.
- Maintaining the travel status of employees and students.
- Managing a travel locator Internet application.
- Restricting travel to countries that become high-risk for safety, security, or global health conditions.
- Manage the response to an emergency event involving employees or students.