Important info about your rights and responsibilities as an employee in BC can obtained from the , 1-800-663-3316.
Join your local industry association! Student memberships are often free or nominal, and provide access to many student-oriented seminars and events. It's a great resource for networking with professionals in your line of interest, and identifying industry-related job posting boards. Get involved and get noticed!
General job search engines
Job search engines can be good sources for job postings, however hires still happen by building networks with real people! Search the sites, send out your resume, and follow-up via telephone or in person.
- - Canada's Jobsite for Qualified Marketing, Communications and Creative Professionals
- - Canada's student job site. Pick up your free copy of Jobpostings Magazine at Student Employment Services (SW1-1022)
- - A comprehensive Canadian job search engine
- - Online recruitment service
- - Job postings and information about the BC local government sector
- - Canada's Hospitality and Retail Job Site
- - Job listings in Vancouver, BC
- - Canadian Job Search
- - Local on-line job postings from HRDC
- - Job White Pages for Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
- - Search current job opportunities, connect with employers, and read up on the latest employment trends, options, and career advice
- - View employers looking to recruit students this year; read up on the latest employment trends, career options, and career advice
- - International job search engine
- - Some BC job postings
- - Canada's largest national job site for students
- - Information for job-seekers within British Columbia
- - Explore Career Options
- - Features job postings from all major newspapers in Canada including Vancouver Sun and Province
- - "Canada's largest job search engine"
- - A foundation that provides start up financing and mentorship to entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 - 39, who are interested in starting their own business once they have completed their schooling.
- A two-year-old London-based firm now expanding into Canada, Australia, Brazil, South Africa and Germany, combs through the Internet for job openings and posts them, in real time, on its site. It's essentially an aggregator, "like Google, for jobs." Adzuna ranked the top 45 cities in Canada by comparing current job vacancies listed on Canadian website job boards, including Workopolis, Monster, CareerBuilder and regional sites, with the number of people claiming jobless benefits, culled from Statscan's latest employment insurance data. The report also looks at salaries and which skills are in hottest demand by city.
- - aggregates all jobs from employers career's website
- - Federal Government recruitment site; includes government job postings, Co-op and Internship opportunities, Federal Student Work Experience Program, and Management Trainee program
Quick guides for helping students understand global career skills.
There are lots of internships out there but some of the good ones are a little hard to find. Use this list as a starting point, but do your own research and you'll probably find some additional ones of interest to you. Internships range in length from four months up to two years. Some are paid, some unpaid, but the experience is usually fantastic. Many of these internships state you must be between 18-30 and unemployed, so check the requirements carefully before you apply.
- AbilityEdge - Internships for graduates with disabilities
- AIESEC - International internship exchanges for over 250 students annually in Accounting and Finance, Business Administration, Management and Economics, Computer Applications and Programming, Marketing and Engineering/Technical Fields
- - A good list of internships for Canadians, in business, government, technology, international development and more
- - Over 250 Canadian, American and international internships are listed in this CACEE directory - searchable by keyword or discipline
- - Student Work Abroad Program (SWAP) - Canada's largest exchange program for work and travel abroad
- CIDA International Youth Internships - Gain a valuable first work experience in an international development setting
- and - Search current internship opportunities in Canada
- Young Professionals International - The Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade's Youth International Internship Program providing youth with a first international work experience that will further the objectives of Canada's foreign policy
- - Offers opportunities for post-secondary graduates to gain experience in national or international environmental projects
- - The Science and Technology Internship Program will provide relevant and meaningful work experience to recent graduates in science, engineering or business. Also available in French.
- Internships in developing countries for young Canadians with skills in information and communication technologies
- - Offering internship opportunities to graduating (ed) students at a multitude of media hosts.
- - Click on "Jobs" for links to member companies
Applied and natural sciences
- Canadian Council for Human Resources in the Environment Industry
- - A virtual career fair for the oil and gas industry
- - Postings from around the world with a wide range of career choices within the field, and also contains resumes of oil and gas professionals
- - Info Mine
Biotechnology and nanotechnology
Computing and information technology
- a BC-based site specializing in information and job postings for the IT sector
- - a non-profit association for Canadian Women in Science and Technology
Trades and apprenticeship
- - BC's dynamic and comprehensive resource about skilled trades and apprenticeships
Labour market information and career planning
Find out occupations related to your goals, identify which occupations will be in demand now and in the future, and learn about expected salary ranges and more.
- - Research salary information from over 5 million actual job postings in Canada
- - One-stop information about industries, with links to associations and corporate websites
- - Profiles of occupations in technology and trades
- - Great resource and support for women in technical fields
- - The report provides the most up-to-date information on the types of jobs and skills that will be in demand in B.C. between now and 2027
- - Online videos and worksheets for effective job search in BC
International / volunteer/resources section
- - How to get a job, work visa, bank account and everything else
- - Volunteering abroad
- - An organization that provides safe, professional and affordable International volunteering opportunities in different countries.
- - Best Practices for job interviews if English is your second language