PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING UPDATES EFFECTIVE SEPTEMBER 2018:
- Passing grade for all OFFC courses has been raised from 50% to 65%
- The following courses have been discontinued due to major updated in curriculum. If your Program Declaration lists any of these courses which you have not yet completed, you will be required to take the new updated course:
OFFC 1002 - Anatomy and Terminology 2 = OFFC 2001
OFFC 1006 - Medical Office Practice = OFFC 1015
OFFC 1020 - Transcription = OFFC 1048
OFFC 1040 - Clinical Procedures = OFFC 1045
OFFC 1060 - Medical Documentation = OFFC 1008
OFFC 2016 - MOA Practicum = OFFC 2018
- Those with an existing Program Declaration are not obligated to complete the following two new courses that have been added to the program, but are strongly advised to do so in order to be competitive in the job market:
BSYS 1001 - Business Information Systems
ORGB 2505 - Interpersonal Skills
- Criminal Record Checks and updated immunizations are required before participating in the MOA Practicum. Further information will be provided by the Practicum Coordinator.
Helping to make the entire office run smoothly are Medical Office Assistants, who work as administrators in the health care industry. They must possess strong client-service skills as well as excellent organization and communication skills, and can turn their interest in medicine and working with others into a rewarding career.
This program is designed to give you usable, relevant knowledge about health care and the office setting to prepare you for work in the field. Including a practicum to gain real-world experience, the Medical Office Assistant Associate Certificate is one of IZUNA’s more popular programs with classes filling up quickly.
About the program
- Minimum completion time 1.5 years
- Part-time evenings and some weekends at the Burnaby campus
- Hands-on practicum and new electronic medical records (EMR) software
- Graduate 100% ready to start your career
See more about how you can prepare for a new career as a Medical Office Assistant at Program Details
Who should complete the Medical Office Assistant Associate Certificate?
This program might be for you if:
- You can type at least 40 words per minute
- You enjoy working with people
- You have excellent organizational and communication skills
- You’re interested in health care and the medical field
Classes fill quickly for this popular program, so be aware of the registration dates, which are updated for each term here
. Then visit the Program Entry
page to declare your program.
What grads can do
With the job-focused training you receive at IZUNA, you will be completely prepared for work in medical offices from the day you graduate. You will have many options as employers are always seeking qualified applicants in several workplace settings including walk-in clinics, family practices, specialist offices, hospitals, and more.
Find out more about the new job opportunities awaiting you on the Graduating and Jobs